Every now and then each house needs to be cleared from old and unnecessary items. Here are some tips what to do to make the house clearance fun and profitable.
- Organize your time because house clearance is not an easy task. Then decide which items you really do not need any more, which of them you can sell and which should be thrown in the rubbish.
2. Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is the garage sale. There are a lot of items that you want to get rid of but many of them can still be used. Why throwing them away when you can make a profit? Gather all the things that you find reusable and organize a garage sale. Our advice: advertise the sale locally so that more people can come and find something they need.
3. If you do not have the time and people to help you at the sale, you can always donate your old furniture, clothes, devices or whatever to a charity shop. There are people who need your things and will be more than happy to buy them at low prices.
4. Another way of making money, which is certainly going to save you time, is photographing the items you want to sell and offer them for sale on Ebay. People look for every kind of things online.
5. Be careful when separating the items, and if there are drawers or books you want to see/donate, check them carefully for hidden documents or money. People tend to put papers everywhere and if you do not pay attention you could throw away important documents.
6. When you already know what is going to the garbage, call a house clearance company to take all the rubbish for you. They have the equipment and vans and you will not have to think where to dispose it.
7. Invite family and friends to help you. You will be surprised how many things they will like and probably need and will want to have them. This is a quick and efficient way for furniture disposal, curtains or clothes you do not use or have never used, but are still in shape.
8. Reuse! Some creative people use their old stuff and bring them back to life by redecorating them or change their use. For example, you can paint your old chairs in different colours and place them in the garden. Or you can use your old TV and convert it into a book shelf or even aquarium. Be creative, there are thousands of amazing ideas you can use.
9. If some of the items you do not need are valuable, like jewelry, art works, etc., keep them and send them through reputable auctions. This might bring you good unexpected income.
10. Last but not least, what to do with the so called hazardous products, like paint, other liquids, etc.? You cannot re-use them and it costs a lot if a waste clearance company takes them, as they need to be disposed at specialized centres. The best thing you can do it to take them yourself to your local recycling centre or arrange a free collection by the council.
We hope you find the advice helpful. House clearance could be difficult sometimes but when carefully thought through it brings order and neatness to your home.